Monday, May 26, 2008

Provident Fund Act_Practicle Problems_19

What points and matters should be kept in mind by member while sending application to Employees' Provident Fund organization ?
Instructions for a member while sending application to Employees' Provident Fund Organization:
1. Use the appropriate form for claiming Provident Fund Pension, withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate, Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance benefit, etc. as given below :-
Form-19 : To claim final settlement of Provident Fund by a member.
Form-20 : To claim Provident Fund by nominee/legal heir on death of the member.
Form-10-D : To claim pension. (In duplicate : If within state, In triplicate : If outside state.)
Form-10-C : To claim withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate under Employees' Pension Scheme '95.
Form-5IF : To claim assurance benefit under Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance '76 by nominee/legal heir of a member.
Form-31 : To claim temporary withdrawal/advance under Employees' Provident Fund scheme'52.
Form-13 : To effect transfer of Provident Fund/Pension from one A/C to another.
2. Ensure that all columns of the application are filled completely.
3. Information in the application form relating to name, a/c no. should agree with the detailsavailable with Employees' Provident Fund Organization; which were furnished by the employer at the time of enrolling to Provident Fund.
4. Application should be signed by the member/claimant.
5. It should be attested by the former employer. In case attestation by the former employer is not possible, it should be got attested by any other authorized official specified with application form.
6. Application for final settlement can be sent by a member on completion of 2 months from the date of leaving service, if the reason for leaving service is other than superannuation, medical ground, retrenchment and V.R.S./ Female members getting married etc.
7. Desired mode of payment can be given legibly, if the amount involved is more than Rs. 2000/-. The amount will sent by deposit in payees' bank a/c. To facilitate this, Bank a/c no., name and address of the bank should be furnished. An advance stamped receipt should also accompany this application. Application may be supported by the return Form-10, showing the details of leaving service and details of contribution for the year in Form-3A, if not sent earlier by the employer.

1 comment:

Aruna said...

Very informative post. What I am interested in knowing is, how long is the applicant who has filed his claim (claiming PF on leaving service) expected to wait before he gets his total PF savings deposited in his bank account? I had left my job in July 2007, filed for PF returns in Dec 2007, while my company forwarded my claim to the PF office in Jan 2008. I have not yet even received their acknowledgment not the money. What should I do now?