Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Contract Act_Practical Problems_33

A agrees with B to give a motor car to B's son in consideration of his marrying A's daughter. Can B's son sue A on the agreement?

Yes- B's son can sue. A stranger to the contract has no right to seek the performance. But, if the stranger happens to be a beneficiary under a transaction, he is permitted to seek its direct enforcement. Thus, in the given problem, although contract is between A and B and B's son, therefore, as a stranger to the contract, he shall, being beneficiary of it, be entitled to enforce it.

1 comment:

adi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.