Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Contract Act_Practical Problems_24

A, a tradesman, leaves his goods at B's house by mistake. B treats the goods as his own and appropriates them. Can A file a suit against B for the price of such goods?

The problem relates to quasi-contracts and is based on Section 72 of the Indian Contract Act which provides that a person, to whom money has been paid or anything delivered by mistake, must repay or return it. Thus, in the present case, B should either return the goods to A or pay for it.

No comments: