Friday, November 16, 2007

Bonus Act_Practical Problems_17

Sri. K. Mukherjee, an employee of Bigboss Ltd. left the company on 30.11.04 on health ground. He was on sick leave since 5th August 2004 and did not work from that date. There was an agreement by the company with its worker in 1998 for payment of bonus to employees. The company refused to pay the bonus for the year 2003-04 and threatened the employees of retrenchment in case of any labour trouble in connection with the bonus issue. Explain in terms of the payment of Bonus Act, 1965

i) What remedy is available to the workers,
ii) Can Sri Mukherjee after leaving the company move to recover amt from company?
iii) What is the power of the appropriate Government to recover the amount?

No comments: